Optimizing content is an important element of your entire SEO strategy. Accordingly, quality content will definitely promote the role of information transmission as well as help connect products and services of businesses to potential customers in a better way. On the contrary, if you do the content in a sketchy way, it will be very difficult to attract and retain readers.
What is content optimization?
If you are a long-time content creator, you are certainly no stranger to the phrase “optimized content”.
In fact, content optimization is the process of implementing content so that your article is both attractive and attractive to readers, and at the same time becomes friendly with the Google search engine. Thereby, contributing to optimizing the whole website, increasing organic traffic and improving the chances of ranking high in search results.
To optimally deploy content, you can make changes to posts or articles on your business website. Usually will involve the following important factors:
- Optimizing content needs to satisfy SEO techniques, but make sure you do content for people. What do they want, what value does your content bring to them?
- The meta description tag is relevant and engaging.
- Main keywords, secondary keywords are used, distributed harmoniously, increasing the relevance of keywords.
- Enhance the user experience through a concise, easy-to-understand presentation. You should highlight the main, important ideas in the article.
- Optimize internal links relevant to the article.
Why optimize content?
In fact, optimizing content is closely related to the process of bringing a website to the top of Google search. Therefore, optimizing content is an essential part of every SEO project for any business.
Here are a few reasons why content optimization is important:
- Content is provided clearly and in-depth, making it possible for search engines to understand what you want to provide to readers. Thereby improving the ability to rank first in the search results of Google or other search engines.
- Content optimization also aims to improve the overall website, helping every article to target the right target audience.
- Another important role of content optimization is to attract a large amount of organic traffic from the target audience, specific user segments. As a result, boosting conversion rates for businesses.
- Optimizing the content will also help the article content to be suitable for each stage of the customer’s buying journey.
- Moreover, optimized content also helps readers easily access the content you want to convey, from which users can perform actions such as purchase, download, subscribe, …
7 steps to implement the simplest and most effective content optimization
Optimizing content is an important factor to help connect users with products and services of businesses. To implement the most effective content optimization, you can refer to the following steps:
Optimizing main keywords and secondary keywords
Many people who are new to SEO content often try to insert the main keyword as much as possible. But this is a fundamental mistake, causing Google to underestimate the quality of your content.
Accordingly, the first step in content optimization is to identify primary and secondary keywords. Next, it is the distribution of main keywords and secondary keywords in reasonable positions with appropriate density to help the article become smoother.
Optimize Meta Description tag (description tag)
The meta description tag is a short paragraph of about 140 characters that summarizes the content of the entire article, making it easy for Google to understand the main topic of the article. Thereby increasing the ability to rank first on the search results page.
The Meta Description tag needs to be short, attractive to readers and contain the main keyword. However, it should be noted that it is not advisable to stuff a lot of keywords in the Meta Description tag.
Optimizing the title (Heading tag 1)
The title tag is the first content that readers will see when displayed on search results, it is also the most important factor in the content optimization process. Accordingly, the title needs to be short, attractive to readers, state the topic of the article and must contain keywords. The optimal length for title tags is around 45 – 55 characters.
Sapo card optimization
The Sapo section (introduction to the beginning of the article) is the paragraph that leads the reader to the article and contains the main keyword, usually consisting of 90 words. In it, the main keyword is at the top as much as possible.
Optimize URLs (URLs)
The URL helps your article reach the reader, is also an important factor when conducting content optimization. Accordingly, the URL should be short, contain no special characters, and contain the main keyword. In particular, it is recommended to minimize subdirectories.
Images help users visually visualize what you want to convey, and they also have time to rest their eyes after a long piece of content. Therefore, the image needs to be vivid and clear. However, you should note that you should compress the image size to speed up the page load for your article.
Including other related articles in the article makes it easier for search engines to understand the content you want to convey. Currently, links are divided into 2 types as follows:
- Internal link: A link of the current article to other related articles in the same website. Typically internal links should be limited to 10 links and a minimum of 2-3 links.
- External link: A link from your website that points to other websites. The more authoritative and authoritative a website is, the more valuable it is to your link.
Thus, it can be seen that content optimization is an extremely important factor in the entire SEO strategy. Moreover, this job also brings a lot of other value to your website. Hopefully with the knowledge shared in this article, you can grasp the simplest and most effective content optimization steps.